Midsummer and funding begins

Hi all, hope you're doing well, and if the sun is shining, you're enjoying it. I'm pretty sure the last summer that was like this was 2003, and I spent half of that in hospital being not very well at all, which is probably why it sticks in my mind. This summer's going better, despite a few upsetting occurences, but I love the sun.

It's been nice being a teacher again, although slightly frustrating watching projects grow more slowly, but that's all a means to an end to get this project done. I am changing schools though next week, got an offer I couldn't refuse to work at the University of the Arts, teaching study skills and English to textile and fashion students, so will be nice to be among the tribe. Going to Camberwell every day, and I'm happy with a bus journey, and late starts and finishes means no rush hour- result!

I've also set up my Patreon profile, which I'll gradually be adding to with more pictures. It's a way of connecting producers with patrons, and it's one of the ways I'll be taking pledges for the scarves:

https://www.patreon.com/billyblack

The other is:
https://www.gofundme.com/atlantic-thread

The last thing I want is for anyone to feel any expectation or pressure to contribute...if you know me, I like you a lot and that's that. It's a pretty tough time financially for a lot of people at the moment. If you like the project, and think it's of value, then by all means, pledge and share away. Everything will help me get from A-B forty one times, and to organise the exhibition. I haven't begun looking for a space yet and won't begin that in earnest until I've embellished the embroidery map with nautical symbols and sea creatures. Yes, of course that will include an octopus; please take a moment to now imagine the possibilities of an octopus knitting, weaving, hooking and sewing all at the same time. In the next life....

Anyway, wishing you all love and light, Billy xxx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fibres, Colours and Languages

The Beginning

Connacht, Munster, Privilege and Gratitude