Gloanuary

Good afternoon all, I hope this finds you well and happy. Please excuse the title if you're a bit fed up with people larking about with the names of the months. Movember was always particularly annoying when I already had a moustache anyway, and Sobertober isn't very inspiring either...but gloan is the Breton for wool, and it's nice to think of what's glowing amidst these dark months, so Gloanuary is my choice over Lainvier, Lenero, Olannair or Laneiro.

I know I broke off from blogs mid-journey, so three or four more diary entries to add soon, but wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year, and to celebrate that the Atlantic Thread journey has finished, the final scarf is on the hook, the blanket is well underway and have just started compiling all the photos; have posted on facebook (billyblacklondon) those of the yarn shops and their inhabitants; here is Mohamed at my final stop in Essaouira.


It's been a very tough time emotionally, and I'm grief-stricken over the loss of my Mum in November, as many of you know. It's time, and in the glow of the new year now to finish and reflect on the trip. I'll be posting my final diary entries soon (I always start everything with pencil and paper), and then looking for a space to exhibit....everything is just taking me a lot longer than usual to do, I guess that's natural. But I also feel pleased to have finished the journey that I started, and going through the photos brought home to me a lot of the good things that happened and the good people I met, and to feel grateful. It was a trip!!!

Love and light to you all, Billy xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

Fibres, Colours and Languages

Connacht, Munster, Privilege and Gratitude